All Abbott Run Valley Club Members, Families and their Guests are cordially invited to enjoy the facilities of the Club.
The following rules and regulations have been adopted by the Rules Committee and approved by your Board of Governors for the primary purpose of benefiting the health and welfare of all members. Your cooperation in abiding by these rules will assist in the maintenance of the safe and sanitary operation of the pool and other facilities and will add immeasurably to the enjoyment that all may get from our Club.
Members are requested to impress upon their children and their guests that all rules and regulations must be observed and that the instructions of the Club Manager and his staff must be obeyed at all times.
Any failure to comply with these rules and regulations shall be considered sufficient cause for immediate suspension of the Club privileges for the offender for a period of from one (1) to seven (7) days, and can also be considered sufficient cause for cancellation of membership.
Should these rules be modified or changed in any way, appropriate notice of such change shall be posted on Club bulletin boards.
I. CLUB SCHEDULE
- The Club activities “year” will be designated by the Board of Governors and the membership so informed by mail.
- The locker room will be open from 9:45 A.M. to 8:15 P.M. daily.
- The main pool and kiddie pool shall be open from 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. daily, and may be kept open after 8:00 P.M. at the discretion of the Club Manager or in the case of special scheduled events.
- The tennis courts will be open daily 9:00 A.M. to dark. Courts 5 and 6 may be lit by a manual timer until 10:00 P.M.
- The Club, or any of its facilities, may be closed temporarily for maintenance operations, health conditions, or any justifiable reason upon approval of the Board of Governors.
II. USE OF POOL
- Monday through Friday from 10:00 A.M. to 12:45 P.M., an area of the pool may be reserved for group instruction at the discretion of the Club Manager. This area will be marked off by means of ropes and floats.
- Children under the age of 6 shall not be allowed in the deep end of the pool unless accompanied by a parent or guardian regardless of their swimming ability. Children ages 6 ‑ 9 shall not be allowed in the deep end of the pool until they have passed the basic test.
- The basic test will be given by the Swimming Director or a qualified member of his staff. Requirements shall be a swimming style of a strong kick and overhand stroke; the candidate must swim 30 yards and tread water for one minute; final approval remains within the discretion of the Swimming Director.
- Children ages 10 to 14, who have passed the basic test, may come to the pool unaccompanied by an adult, providing written permission has been submitted by a parent to the Club Manager.
- The use of the smaller pool shall be limited to children 6 years of age and under. No metal or rigid plastic toys shall be allowed in either pool. Running, throwing or unnecessary splashing will not be tolerated.
- At the discretion of the Swimming Director, all children under 14 years of age must stay out of the water for a maximum period of fifteen minutes during each hour.
- No children under 10 years of age shall enter any swimming pool area unless accompanied by a parent, guardian, or baby-sitter of 13 years of age or older.
- Persons in dripping wet bathing suits will not be permitted in the Club house or youth center; except in an area adjacent to soda machines.
- No person in wet bathing attire will be permitted to use the lounge toilets or the lounge area.
III. HEALTH AND SAFETY
Articles with asterisk (*) are as per Massachusetts Department of Health, 105 CMR 435.
- “All bathers are required to take a cleansing shower, using warm water and soap, and thoroughly rinsing off all soap suds before entering the pool.” This also means that all athletic participants must shower prior to each use of the pool.*
- All persons entering the enclosed pool area coming from the children’s area, or any grassed area, must remove all dirt and sand from their bodies by use of the shower or foot bath facilities provided.
- “Any person having any skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharges, or any communicable disease must be excluded from the pool.” The chlorine content in the water will cause further discomfort to the aforementioned.*
- “Persons having open blisters, cuts, abrasions, etc. are hereby warned that these may become infected and are advised not to use the pool.”*
- “Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose, urinating, etc. in the pool is prohibited.*
- Smoking is prohibited on all Club property.
- No pets are permitted on the Club property at any time.
- No running, pushing, wrestling, or ball playing is allowed in or about the pool area. Water games are allowed only with the permission of and under the direction of the pool manager.
- Inflated tubes, masks, toys, flippers, web feet, or other such paraphernalia are not allowed in the pool, except with special permission of the Swimming Director.
- The storage of wet suits or towels in dressing room lockers is not permitted.*
- The Club lounge, lounge toilets, and sun deck may be used only by persons in dry clothing.*
IV. TENNIS COURT USE
The Tennis Committee urges all members to take advantage of the tennis facilities and tennis programs and to follow these rules and to comply with the principles of tennis etiquette. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be directed to members of the Tennis Committee.
- Shirts, proper clothing and tennis shoes shall be worn at all times. Bathing suits are not allowed to be worn on the courts.
- Use of the courts shall be restricted at all times to members and their guests. All guests must be signed in at the registration window.
- Reservations are highly encouraged and can be made in person at the registration window or by telephone by calling the club office and speaking with a club employee during office hours. After office hours, a reservation log will be posted on the bulletin board located between courts 4 and 5. Reservations for that evening can be secured by completing the reservation log in person.Courts can be reserved for one hour for singles and one and one half hours for doubles play. Courts can be reserved not more than 48 hours in advance and a player or group cannot reserve more than one court per day. A member may not reserve court time on weekends or after 4:00 p.m. on weekdays more than two times per week. For these purposes, member is defined as any person who is part of the reserved time grouping. Blocks of courts cannot be reserved without the prior consent of the Tennis Committee. It is the intent of the Committee not to have members reserve consecutive time slots on the same court during prime tennis time.Scheduling the use of courts shall be regulated by the Tennis Committee. Group and individual lessons, socials, team matches and club championships may take precedence over the registration policy. At lease one court must be made available for open play during these times. Under no circumstance may outside organizations or groups reserve court time without the approval of the Board of Governors. As of 5:00 p.m. on weekdays preference for court time is given to members age 17 and above who work and are not able to utilize the courts during the day. This includes a working adult who is playing with a child. Players may use open courts but must relinquish the court at the request of a member who has reserved the court or who may otherwise have priority.
- Individual or group lessons are provided exclusively by the tennis director(s) during the period in which the club season begins and ends.
- No member shall be allowed to enter an adult event unless they are age 18 or older.
- All members shall be responsible for maintaining the courts pursuant to specific instructions posted at the courts.
- The Tennis Committee may modify these rules as deemed necessary and any such changes shall be posted at the club.
V. USE OF SNACK BAR AND EATING AREAS
- The snack bar will open from 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. daily, and in special situations, at such hours as the Club Manager may designate.
- Special eating areas are designated as follows: the patio adjoining the snack bar andt he picnic grove.
- All members and their guests are expected to keep such areas clean by depositing refuse in appropriate containers provided for this purpose.
- Food and all beverages, except water, must be consumed in the designated eating areas, and may not be brought into the pool area at any time.
- No beverages may be consumed in glass containers in the patio or snack bar area.
Each member family unit shall be allowed to have up to ten (10) in‑town (people who reside within twenty‑five (25) miles of the Club) guests per calendar month. A guest privilege shall consist of admission to the Club of one (1) individual. Maximum five (5) guests per day, unless approved by the club manager.
- Each member family unit shall be allowed to have up to ten (10) in‑town (people who reside within twenty‑five (25) miles of the Club) guests per calendar month. A guest privilege shall consist of admission to the Club of one (1) individual. Maximum five (5) guests per day, unless approved by the club manager.
- If a member is unaccompanied by their parent, the youth member under the age of 18, shall be allowed a maximum of 2 guests per day.
- All guests will be required to complete a waiver upon check-in. All waivers must be completed by an authorized adult prior to admittance to the club.
- Additional guest privileges may be granted for special Club sponsored activities for which written notice will be posted in advance on the Club Bulletin Boards.
- All in‑town guests must be accompanied and registered by a member. Three (3) admissions per month limit for any one guest.
- Sitters who are not members of the Club will be allowed on the Club premises. Sitters must be signed in by members and be designated as sitters. They must abide by the Club rules. Sitters must be 13 years of age or older.
Special Guests ‑ The following shall have unrestricted attendance privileges: Out‑of‑town guests who reside more than twenty‑five (25) miles from the Club.
- All special guests must be accompanied and registered by a member, when the guest fee charged is on a daily basis. If the guest registration is for a period of more than one day, then the special guest must be accompanied and registered by a member only upon initial registration.
- “Extended period” out‑of‑town guests must register, stating their period of stay and the name of the member who is their host.
VII. GUEST CHARGES
- All persons, ages 3 and over – each $ 5.00
- Ages 2 and under – no charge
- Maximum daily fee $20.00
Extended Period Charges for Out-of-town Guests
- $15.00 per week, per person ages 3 to 12
- $25.00 per week, per person over 12
No carry‑over of Guest privileges from month to month. The option as to the period desired for special guest registration shall be made upon the first registration and no credit will be allowed upon additional registration for the fees already paid.
The conduct of guest is the direct responsibility of the sponsoring member
VIII. MEMBER OBLIGATIONS
- A member shall pay for the damage done to Club property by himself, his family or his guests.
- Members and their guests shall drive slowly and carefully at all times on all approach roads and parking areas.
- Use of Club facilities is prohibited to all members and their families if the dues are unpaid.
- The names of members who have bills remaining unpaid over thirty days from due date will be posted as will be the amount of the bill.
- Due to the fact that the Club buildings and areas within the fence have been repeatedly broken into by persons whose identity is unknown to the Board and such breaks have resulted in serious damage to Club premises, it was unanimously voted that unauthorized persons, members of a member’s family, apprehended or recognized in Club building or on Club premises at unauthorized times will lose all privileges for a period of twelve (12) calendar months. Other persons trespassing on Club premises will be reported to the North Attleboro police.
- All persons using any of the Club facilities do so at their own risk. The Club will not be responsible for any accident or injury in connection with such use.
- The Club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
- Children under twelve (12) years old must be accompanied at all times by an ADULT OR BABY SITTER 13 years of age or older.
- The Club Manager is in complete charge of the staff and all facilities of the Club, and is empowered to enforce all rules and regulations.
- Infractions of Club rules could result in suspension of Club rights at the discretion of the Club Manager.
- Any complaints must be in writing, addressed to the Club Manager.
- It is strongly suggested that valuables not be taken to the Club.
- No member, or any member of a member’s family will be considered for employment by the Club.
- No chewing gum in pool area.
- Radios, or other electronic devices must be played on “Low Volume”, or used with headphones.
- Tipping of Club employees is forbidden.
- Suggestions for additions, corrections and improvements of these rules are always welcomed. They shall be made in writing to the President for appropriate action.
- Abbott Run Valley Club is a smoke free environment. Smoking is prohibited on all club property.
- Resignation from the Club must be in writing.
- Written notification must be received by registered/certified mail prior to March 31.
- Any resignations after March 31, cannot be accepted according to rules and by‑laws. The resigning member will be given the option to cancel said resignation.
- If resigning member elects to keep the late resignation in force, in general, they are still responsible for that year’s dues, unless otherwise approved by the Board.